Thursday, November 19, 2009

There's an Angel Among Us...

... Ivy Angel that is! :) This is one of Jen's super adorable digis from her, Tis the Season line. There is a whole slew of cuteness in this set. I would encourage you to go check them out! :)


When I set out to make this easel card I wanted Ivy to appear to be floating and angelic looking. I did this by popping her up with strips of cs and making her gown light and airy looking. If you click on the picture you will see that I used two different color families. I used C1 for the over-all gown and outlined it in Vooo. I used Shimmerz butter cream on her wings. The flame on her candle my Spica pens were used; trying to give it a "glow-y" look. For her halo all I had was regular gold art glitter that I glued on speck by speck. Lastly for the snowflakes I printed out some snowflake outlines chalked them and then colored them with my Sakura Souffle pens and punched them with my 1" punch. Last night I was wishing that I had those snowflake die cuts, but I didn't so I had to improvise.

Here is a side view for you to see.

And lastly here is the "flat" view.


If you have any questions don't hesitate to let me know.

4 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful! Love the coloring, the snowflakes, everything! The angle definitely looks like she is floating; fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Yvette!!! She is colored SO pretty!! LOVE your easel card! In awe of your creation, wonderful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvette! This is just stunning. I love what you have done with this. Your coloring is just awesome and all of the details so beautiful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fab job girl!! Hope all is well. Feel like we need to catch up since things have been so nutty!!!! XoXo-SJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment my post today! I appreciate your comments and your visits!! Have a blessed day! :)